Welcome!

Welcome! Please feel free to add me to your follow list! I'd love to grow with you!

About Me

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bread Crumbs or Stuffing

Bread Crumbs or Stuffing:

You know all of those ends of the bread that no one want's to eat? Or, when the bread is just not sandwich worthy or eat right now worthy? Most people throw it out or feed it to the birds. I'll talk about what not to feed to birds at a different time.  Do you go to the store and buy prepackaged bread cubes or crumbs for that dish that you want to make?? It's costly for what you are getting if you think about it. Bread, spices and flavoring. Am I right? It's been awhile but the last time that I checked, a little can of breadcrumbs...around $3.00??  Most likely you have all of the ingredient's right there in your kitchen! Not kidding! 

Any bread product that you have on hand can be made into breadcrumbs. The last batch that I made consisted of whole grain bread, flour tortillas and crackers. I use a Vita Mix but you can use a blender as well. Or, just put bread and crackers into a ziplock bag and break up with the bottom of a pan, rolling pin or even a mallet. I either put the crumbs into a ziplock bag and put into the freezer or I vacuum seal in ball jars to put into the pantry. When I go to use them I then add the seasonings to taste for the dish that I am making. IE; Italian dish, basil, oregano, garlic, Kosher salt and perhaps onion powder. You get the idea. 

Stuffing ideas to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment